Lead Developer, Python/Django
This Lead Developer will be integral to Care Solace’s mission of calming the chaos of mental health care and will report to the CTO.
This role would ideally be based in our Encinitas, CA headquarters, but we are open to remote work that may require occasional office visits.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Build comprehensive technical solutions with high quality standards and a clean coding style
- Day-to-day tasks may include: Building new features, fixing existing bugs and refactoring/optimizing existing code
- Help gather, define and solidify product requirements for new features, projects, or micro services
- Design efficient algorithms, queries, and scalable solutions
- Help maintain the live environment and a smooth operation
Qualifications & Experience
- BS or BA in the STEM field, or equivalent years of experience in the web development industry
- 5+ years recent experience working with Python/Django
- Solid knowledge of programming fundamentals – algorithms, data structures, design patterns, and paradigms
- Proven problem-solving and fast-learning skill
- Ability to research, design, test, and deploy features
- Experience with scaling systems including application and database layers
- Experience with TDD and writing unit tests
- Knowledge or experience working with other programming languages
- Experience with mobile app development using React Native or Flutter
- Proficiency in building SQL queries and generating reports
- Experience in all or other areas of the software development lifecycle and ability to wear different hats
- Experience with DevOps and IT-related tooling such as Chef, Ansible, Dockers, CI, etc.
- Medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
- Equity in a fast growing SaaS start-up
General office environment.
No physically demanding requirements.